Thursday, August 22, 2013

A Few Things To Share & Sweet Potato Casserole

 If you allow yourself to be refined instead of defined, you will be motivated to make healthy choices. www.lysaterkeurst.com
Above picture was found on Pinterest from Lysa TerKeurst 

Hey my friends! Just wanted to share a yummy recipe with you that I came across today. I haven't tried it yet, but I am looking forward to doing so. I am getting in the mood for fall, which means lots of pumpkin recipes! Stay tuned for those! Most of the recipes I will be sharing with you guys will most likely be gluten free and paleo.

I also wanted to share some pictures I took yesterday when I stopped at my secret garden spot to see what was blooming. Enjoy my friends!

Oh, I almost forgot to tell you, I now have a facebook for my blog that you can follow me on. Stop by and check it out! Thanks everyone!

Okay, who doesn't love sweet potato casserole??? It's one of my favorite dishes, especially for Thanksgiving or Christmas. I found this paleo version over at Cupcakes OMG. It looks like she has some really good recipes on her web site. I will definitely be going back to try some of them out. I'll be sure to pass them along to you. Let me know if any of you try this recipe and how you like it.



Here's the link to the web site: http://cupcakesomg.blogspot.com/2012/07/paleo-sweet-potato-casserole-and-rest.html

Sweet Potato Casserole

  • 4 large sweet potatoes
  • 1/2 cup canned coconut milk
  • 1 Tbsp. coconut oil
  • 1-2 Tbsp. maple syrup
  • 1 tsp cinnamon
  • 1/2 tsp nutmeg
  • juice of half an orange
Pecan topping
  • 3/4 cup chopped raw pecans
  • 1 tsp cinnamon
  • 1 Tbsp maple syrup
  • 1 tsp melted coconut oil
1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil and preheat oven to 350 degrees F. While water comes to a boil, peel and dice sweet potatoes into large chunks.
2. Add sweet potato chunks to water. Boil until fork tender--about 10 minutes.
3. Drain potatoes, then dump them back in the large pot with all the other ingredients. Using a hand mixer, blend until potatoes reach desired consistency and flavor. (You may like to add a little more coconut milk, spices, or syrup based on your taste.)
4. In a small bowl, combine all topping ingredients until pecans are well coated.
5. Dump sweet potatoes into an oven safe dish and top with pecans.
6. Bake in preheated oven until topping is browned--about 15 minutes. Serve warm.
 
 
The below pictures are from a place I call "My Secret Garden." I go there sometimes when I feel the need to be alone and just soak up the quiet atmosphere. I think I take pictures every time I go there. I hope you enjoy them my friends! 
 
 

































Please feel free to let me know what you would like to see on my blog. What are some things that would help you that you would like to see? I am open for suggestions.Until next time my friends, be blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment