Monday, July 21, 2014

Follow Detour--Road Work Ahead

Good Monday afternoon to you, my bloggy friends! It's been quite a while. I've missed writing and sharing things with you. I'm trying to rearrange some things in my life, so I can have more time to devote to my blog. I hope to be posting several times a week. To start the week off, here's a pocketful of encouragement for your Monday.


Do you feel like you're traveling a road/path that is strange and unfamiliar? Are you wondering if you took a wrong turn somewhere and you're not sure how to get back to where you once were? Maybe you feel like you missed the detour sign back down the road a ways. Perhaps you even feel like you're on a dead end road with no directions on how to get out.

I have good news for you, my sweet friends! God knows exactly where you are. He has not forgotten about you. A detour, or even what seems like a dead end, will sometimes give God the opportunity to get us to a place we could never get to on our own. He is our supernatural GPS. He has already punched in your destination. He already sees all the road blocks and detours, so He is able to help you maneuver through them. He is faithfully with you on this journey through life.



I want to share something with you that I read this morning, "Don't think because you're not moving that God is not on the move." Wow! How many times do we think God is not working because we don't feel like we're moving forward, or because we feel stuck somewhere we really don't want to be? We feel almost like we are stranded at a place in the road with a big "Road Closed" sign staring us in the face. I want you to know that even though you may feel stuck on a road that's not going where you want it to go, it may actually be a blessing in disguise. We can't always see the end from where we currently are. We tend to think if we could just go back to a time when things were better then we would be okay. God can/will use even the detours and the dead ends to direct us to the place He wants us to be, if we allow Him to. Through every season, and every road we travel, there are always opportunities for wisdom to be gained and lessons to be learned.


I've been on a road I never thought I'd be on for the last four to five years now. At first, I thought it was awful and I fought against it. I became angry and bitter because of the great pain I was enduring while on this road. It was too hard....too much loss and heartache. I wanted off in the worst way. I couldn't understand why God would allow me to go down this horrible road. It hasn't been an easy journey by any means, but I have learned so many wonderful things as I have traveled down this road. I truly don't believe I could have learned these things any other way. (I'll be sharing some of those things soon.)

The best thing about this road I've been on is I don't want to go back to the one I was on before. I have a much better view of God now and how He's been working in my life. The journey has been difficult, but the scenery has been breathtaking.

God sees you, my sweet friends. His eye is on you. He sees you even when you feel like you've been detoured onto this rinky-dink, little back road with huge ruts and pot holes. He sees you even when that road you were traveling on has come to a dead end. He sees you even when there's a huge road block in the way. He knows where you are, and maybe, just maybe, you are exactly where you need to be.

Whether the road you're on was one of your own choosing or one that you were forced down, or maybe even one you drifted on without realizing it until it was too late, God is fully able to work on your behalf to get you where He wants you to be. He is more than able to guide you through each and every detour, even when you can't see the whole map. With Him as our guide, we need not fear losing our way.

Until next time my friends!


"There will be times in life when nothing makes any sense. All is dark. Confusion reigns. We hoped for something great and came up empty.....but be assured that even in this place of darkness, God is present. Throughout history, every great work of God started in this exact place of emptiness. God fills those things that are empty." ~Unknown


*Photo of rock from: (http://www.nytimes.com/imagepages/2005/01/11/national/11mudslide.ready.html)
*Photo of road closed sign: (http://www.durhamradionews.com/archives/category/roads)

No comments:

Post a Comment