Friday, June 8, 2012

Fancy-Free Friday



 The Lord says, "My thoughts are not like your thoughts.
       Your ways are not like my ways.
 Just as the heavens are higher than the earth,
       so are my ways higher than your ways
       and my thoughts higher than your thoughts. ~Isaiah 55:8-9 (NCV)


Happy Friday to you my bloggy friends! I hope this has been a good week for you.  How do you feel about the changes I've made on my blog this week?  Please feel free to let me know your thoughts on that.  I hope you have been blessed and encouraged by the "Pearl of the Day" messages so far. There is one more change I wanted to share with you....Fancy-Free Friday!  Fridays on my blog will be a little different as far as what I post.  It won't be the normal devotional-type message, but something more relaxed and fun.  Today I am going to share one of my favorite pictures, one of my favorite Bible verses, and one of my favorite recipes with you.  The picture above was taken by my daughter, Taylor.  She absolutely loves taking photos of just about anything.  I think she does a great job at capturing the beauty of God's creation.  I will be sharing more of her pictures with you on my blog in the future.  The verse under the picture is one of my favorites because it helps me remember, in those difficult times when I just don't understand what's happening, that the way God works is sometimes beyond my understanding and above the way I would do things.  Just because He isn't doing things the way I would like, doesn't mean He isn't at work in my life.  And finally, the recipe!  You will absolutely love it!

Banana Bread-  (You don't need to worry with an electric mixer with this recipe.  It stirs up easily by hand.) 

1/2 cup (1 stick) butter at room temperature
1 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1- 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, sifted
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
3 ripe bananas, mashed up ( I peel the bananas and put them on a plate and mash them with a fork)


I have also added raisins or chocolate chips to this recipe and it always turns out delicious. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.  Grease a 9 x 5 inch loaf pan. (If you don't have a big loaf pan, you can always use two smaller ones.)  In a mixing bowl, combine the butter and sugar; mix well.  Add the salt, eggs, vanilla, flour, baking soda, baking powder, and bananas, and mix well.  Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 50 minutes.  I normally have to cook mine a little longer if I use the big 9 x 5 loaf pan.  If you use a smaller pan then it's best to keep an eye on it because it's not going to require the full 50 minutes.  You can check to see if it's done by inserting a butter knife in the center of the loaf.....if it comes out clean then it's done.  Cut you a big ole piece and smother it with butter!  Mmmm!  Enjoy!


I hope you will enjoy this recipe.  I absolutely love it!  It's from a recipe in Paula Deen's cookbook- The Lady and Sons, Too!  Here is a link to Amazon if you're interested in checking out her cookbooks.   http://amzn.com/0812965221


Have a great weekend my friends!  Until next time, be blessed!


No comments:

Post a Comment