Monday, June 4, 2012

Pearl of the Day: No Regrets

 "Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus." ~Philippians 3:13-14 (NIV)

Welcome back my friends! I mentioned on Friday that there would be some changes coming up today.  I hope you will be blessed by these new changes.  Please feel free to leave your comments and suggestions.  Have a great day!

Pearl of the Day: No Regrets

Have you ever thought to yourself, "If I had that to do over again, I would do things differently." I cannot tell you how many times I have thought that about quite a few situations over the years.  You've heard the phrase, "Hindsight's 20/20."  The meaning of hindsight is looking back, and 20/20 is perfect vision.  Most of the time we can see things more clearly later down the road, when we've gained a little more wisdom and grown in our walk with the Lord.  As much as we might like to go back and do some things differently, we know that's just not possible.  If it's not possible to go back and re-do or un-do some things, why do we stay stuck in the past?  Why do we continue to beat ourselves up about those past situations?  It won't change a thing.  There is nothing we can do to change the past.  Please hear me my friend, do not make a weapon out of those mistakes to beat yourself up with.  Don't allow those past mistakes to pull you down into that slimy pit of regret.  Don't let the past keep you from moving forward.  Let those past mistakes make you wiser.  Let them prepare you to respond better in the future should a similar situation ever present itself again.  Let them propel you forward in knowing that no matter what mistakes you've made, God is greater.  Lay your past mistakes at the feet of Jesus.  Give them to Him to take care of.  He knows you intimately and He loves you no matter what mistakes you've made.  He is more than able to give us beauty for our ashes.  He has promised to cause all things to work together for our good.  He came to set you free from the bondage of your past.  He came that you might have life, and have it in abundance!  I know from personal experience that He can give you a fresh perspective on the past, and even in situations where you can't change someone else, He can change you.  I have made many mistakes throughout my life, but I am happy to say that I have also grown from those mistakes.  God used those things for my good.  Did it hurt to go through those things?  Oh yes, more than I can tell you, but the wisdom and knowledge that was gained made the pain worth it.  Since we can't change the past, why not give it to God and allow Him to give you something better; freedom and forgiveness.  Until next time my friends, be blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment