Monday, June 11, 2012

Pearl of the Day: Sandpaper Moments




"For I know the plans I have for you," says the Lord. "They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope." ~Jeremiah 29:11 (NLT)


I must tell you my friends, I was having a really hard time coming up with a post for today.  I just felt like everything that came to my mind had already been blogged about.  I wasn't getting anywhere.  I think I started at least three or four different times and ended up deleting what I had written.  After hitting a brick wall over and over, I decided to look back through my facebook page for some inspiration.  As I was scrolling through lots of posts, quotes, comments, and pictures, I came across some old posts from some people who are no longer in my life.  I found myself, once again, thinking of how much I wish things would have turned out differently in those situations.  Perhaps you've gone through a similar experience.  Maybe you've had a relationship that was severed with someone close to you, and you don't understand why things happened the way they did.  Maybe you've had a hard time letting go of the hurt, or maybe you're still grieving the loss of that relationship.  You are not alone my friend.  It's very difficult to let those people go that we cared so deeply about.  I believe God brings people into our lives for a greater purpose than just our happiness though.  I believe He uses other people as a way to sand off the rough edges in our hearts.  He can use those situations we go through to expose areas where we are not all that He wants us to be.  He can use those sandpaper times to launch us into a new level of understanding and growth.  Does it hurt to have the sandpaper treatment?  Oh yes, no doubt!  The sandpaper process, or the process of change, that God takes us through does not happen overnight.  It requires time and patience, and unfortunately, lots of sanding down, molding, and pruning.  It has taken me a very long time to finally understand that even in the painful, difficult times, God has reasons for allowing certain things to turn out the way they do.  If we are praying for God's will to be done in our lives, and we want His best, then that means we give Him complete control to do what He knows is best for us.  He knows our full potential.  If a relationship is not beneficial for us or is hindering our walk with God, then perhaps it's best to allow Him to move those people out of our lives, so He can get us where He wants us to be.  Perhaps He is also working in that other person's life to get them where they need to be too.  The work that God does in our lives is sometimes very hard for us to go through.  We can't pick and choose just the good things or the easy things.  There will be times when we will have to go through some difficult things because that may be the only way we will walk in victory and freedom in certain areas.  Even though I have grown a lot because of those situations, I still feel sad that those people aren't a part of my life anymore.  I still miss and love them.  If it's God's will for those relationships to be healed and restored then He will cause things to work out in His way and His timing.  If things don't work out, well, I choose to believe that's His best for me, and for them too.  Until next time my friends, be blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment