Friday, June 15, 2012

Fancy-Free Friday

"One of the most tragic things I know about human nature is that all of us tend to put off living. We are all dreaming of some magical rose garden over the horizon instead of enjoying the roses that are blooming outside our windows today." ~Dale Carnegie


Well it's Fancy-Free Friday again! Today I will be sharing another recipe with you, as well as some links to a few blogs that may be of interest to you.  I may sneak in a few other little surprises too.  The above picture was taken at a park where me and my two daughter love to visit.  I have always had a love for roses anyway, so whenever we go to this park I take lots of pictures of the rose gardens.


Frozen Pumpkin Mousse

Crust:
30 small gingersnap cookies
2 tablespoons raisins
1 tablespoon canola oil (I used coconut oil, but you can probably use whatever type of oil you have)

Filling:
1 cup canned pumpkin
1/3 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp. ground ginger
1/4 freshly grated nutmeg (I used the ground nutmeg that I already had in my spice cabinet)
2 pints (4 cups) frozen low-fat vanilla ice-cream, softened

Preparation:
*Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Coat a 9 inch deep dish pie pan with cooking spray. (I used a glass pie plate)

*Prepare crust: Combine gingersnaps and raisins in a food processor and pulse until finely chopped.  Add oil and pulse until well blended.  Press evenly into the bottom and up the sides of the prepared pan.

*Bake the crust until set, about 10 minutes.  Transfer to wire rack to cool completely.

*Prepare filling: Combine pumpkin, sugar, cinnamon, ginger, and nutmeg in a large bowl and mix well.  Add ice-cream and stir until well blended. Spoon the mixture into the cooled pie crust.  Freeze until firm, at least 2 hours. Let the pie soften slightly in the refrigerator for 20 to 30 minutes before serving.

My family loved this recipe! I hope you will enjoy it as well!



Here are a few links to some blogs by some awesome ladies, and friends, that I think you might enjoy. If you're looking for encouragement and wisdom, then this will be right up your alley!

http://silentcries-veronica.blogspot.com/

http://nickiedwards.wordpress.com/2012/06/15/you-are-not-forgotten/

http://htl.li/bBoe0

http://melissataylor.org/


And last, but not least, here is a link to a music video of a great song. I hope it will encourage you and help you remember that you are beautiful! You are a priceless treasure, created by the Maker of Heaven and Earth! He has a good plan for your life, even in the midst of the craziness we go through sometimes. Have a great weekend my friends! Until next time, be blessed!




No comments:

Post a Comment