Thursday, November 1, 2012

30 Days of Thanks--Day 1: God's Love


No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord. ~Romans 8:37-39

Welcome back friends! Can you believe it's already the 1st of November? Good grief! Where has the time gone?  I've decided for the month of November I am going to post something every day that I am thankful for. I think many times, it's so easy for us to get pulled down by all the negative aspects of the circumstances of our lives and the things we are going through, so I am making a conscience effort to have an attitude of gratitude for this whole month. Who knows, maybe it will become a daily habit even after November is over.

Today I would like to give thanks for the love of God. I've been doing a lot of thinking lately about the love of God. I'll be the first to admit that it's something I don't fully understand, and I don't know if I ever will. I try to wrap my peanut-brain around that kind of love, but I just can't. I guess there are some things I will not be able to fully grasp until I stand before Him one day.

I can understand, as a mother, the deep love a parent has for their children, but the depth of the love our Heavenly Father has for us, His children, is beyond what I can comprehend. For Him to be willing to give His only Son for me because He loved me that much, well, there is no greater love than that.

The love we experience here on this earth is just a shadow of the love God has for us. One day I will know it in full.

God's love for us never diminishes, no matter what we do. Even when I have my times of doubting, worrying, and fretting, (and I have lots of those) His love never changes. He is the same yesterday, today, and forever. His love is always constant and unchanging.

God's love never fails and it never runs out. He sees us as His precious sons and daughters. We don't have to DO anything to earn His love. He just loves us anyway. That should give us such comfort and reassurance. Think about that for a minute. You don't have to earn His love. You don't have to perform perfectly for Him to love you. You don't have to jump through hoops for Him to love you. All that stuff doesn't make any difference to Him. No matter what, He loves you and you can never do anything that would make Him stop loving you. Never! Now that's something to be thankful for!

I don't know about you, but there aren't too many people, that I know of ,who can love someone like that. Thank you Father God for Your amazing, unending love!

Until next time my friends, be blessed!

"This is how much God loved the world: He gave his Son, his one and only Son. And this is why: so that no one need be destroyed; by believing in him, anyone can have a whole and lasting life. God didn’t go to all the trouble of sending his Son merely to point an accusing finger, telling the world how bad it was. He came to help, to put the world right again. Anyone who trusts in him is acquitted; anyone who refuses to trust him has long since been under the death sentence without knowing it. And why? Because of that person’s failure to believe in the one-of-a-kind Son of God when introduced to him." ~John 3:16-18 (MSG)

The link below is video from the group Jesus Culture singing Your Love Never Fails. I love this song! It says it all for me. I hope you enjoy it too. 





No comments:

Post a Comment