Saturday, November 24, 2012

30 Days of Thanks- Day 24: My Hubby's Stew

 “I would rather be able to appreciate things I can not have than to have things I am not able to appreciate.” ~Elbert Hubbard quotes

Hello again my bloggy friends! Well today I will finally be caught up on my posts. It's about time! Things have been very busy around here and I've had little time to get my blogging done. I remember now why I stopped doing daily blogs. Too much to do!

Okay, so here I am at Day 24 of my 30 Days of Thanks, and today I am thankful for my hubby's Brunswick stew. It's a great day here in Virgina for a hot, steaming bowl of stew. I don't want to brag, but my husband makes the best stew I've ever eaten. Just so you don't think I'm being biased, I'm not the only one who raves about his stew. He has made quite a few stews for church fundraisers, and everyone always comments on how good it is. He makes at least one stew for our family each year when the weather turns colder. He just made one yesterday, so we have about twenty quarts in the freezer now to hold us over through the winter. There have even been people who claimed that they didn't like Brunswick stew, who have changed their minds after trying my hubby's stew.

This blog isn't solely about Brunswick stew, although I am very thankful that my hubby is so good at it and I get to reap the benefits of his skills. It's more about how nice it is when people compliment and encourage you for something you do well. When others notice the hard work you've done and they take the time to tell you, it really makes you feel good. It's such a common thing anymore to see people beat each other down and always find something to complain about instead of building each other up and encouraging each other. Many times we get so caught up in how we feel and what we want, that we forget how other people feel and what they may be going through themselves.

After being taken for granted and belittled for so long, it can really beat a person down to the point where they don't even want to bother doing anything for anyone anymore. Don't we all want to know we are appreciated and the things we do make a difference to someone? What if we all took the time each day to find something to thank someone for? What if we told someone how much we appreciate all they do? What if we started telling them what a great job they do at something that maybe we take for granted?


Until next time my friends, be blessed!

"Make it a habit to tell people thank you. To express your appreciation, sincerely and without the expectation of anything in return. Truly appreciate those around you, and you'll soon find many others around you. Truly appreciate life, and you'll find that you have more of it. " ~Ralph Marston

"There are realities we all share, regardless of our nationality, language, or individual tastes. As we need food, so do we need emotional nourishment: love, kindness, appreciation, and support from others." ~ J. Donald Walters 


No comments:

Post a Comment