Friday, November 16, 2012

30 Days of Thanks- Day 15: My Bed

"May sleep envelop you as a bed sheet floating gently down, tickling your skin and removing every worry.  Reminding you to consider only this moment."  ~Jeb Dickerson

Welcome back my friends! Well, I'm at the half-way mark for the 30 Days of Thanks. I hope you've had a good week and that you will have a great Friday, and a fantastic weekend!

It's Day 15 of my 30 Days of Thanks and today I am thankful for my bed. Yep, that's right. My bed. I am writing this at 12 midnight, so my bed is definitely looking pretty good right about now. My bed is that place I go for some peace and quiet, especially when my body is overly tired and hurting, which is pretty much everyday. 

Once I go to sleep, I know I will be able to get relief from the chronic pain I feel everyday. It's finally quiet and not screaming at me. I enjoy this respite as long as possible because I know it will start again soon enough when the morning comes. I don't by any means sleep great, but when I do sleep, there's peace. I will take whatever I can get.

I know there are many people who suffer with sleep problems. If you don't sleep well it really makes you feel awful. It's hard to function when you are not getting the rest your body needs to restore itself. My daughter, Brittany, has had sleep problems for the last few years now. I have also had my own sleep issues off and on because of fibromyalgia. Not being able to sleep stinks! I believe it's God's desire for His children to rest and sleep peacefully. I would like to pray for all of you who have sleep problems.

Father God, I pray for all of those people who are having problems sleeping. No matter if it's problems falling asleep, staying asleep, or not being able to sleep at all, I ask that You would touch each one and bless them with sweet sleep. I ask that You would quiet their minds and their bodies when they lay down at night. I pray for Your peace to settle upon them like a warm blanket and that sleep would come easily and quickly. I pray that these sleep problems would come to an end now in Jesus' name.

I hope you all have a peaceful nights sleep tonight and a blessed day when you awake. Until next time my friends, be blessed!


 "O bed! O bed! delicious bed!
That heaven upon earth to the weary head." ~Thomas Hood


"In peace I will lie down and sleep, for you alone, O Lord, will keep me safe." ~Psalm 4:8 (NLT)

 "You can go to bed without fear; you will lie down and sleep soundly." ~Proverbs 3:24 (NLT)


No comments:

Post a Comment