Thursday, November 15, 2012

30 Days of Thanks- Day 14: Thankful for Today

"The seasons are what a symphony ought to be; four perfect movements in harmony with each other." ~Arthur Rubinstein


Welcome back my bloggy friends! I hope your week is going good. I'm trying to play catch up today.  Thank you for your patience.

On Day 14 of my 30 Days of Thanks, I am thankful for today. Right here, right now. Many times I've gotten so caught up in either living in the past, or yearning for a future time when I hope things will be better, or different than they are now. We can neither go back in the past or go ahead to the future.

I know, from personal experience, how quickly things can change from one minute to the next. Some of those changes we welcome and others we feel like we will never recover from. As hard as it is sometimes, I am trying to learn to enjoy each day, each moment I have been given, regardless of what I'm going through at the time.

There is a season for everything we go through....joy, sorrow, life, death, weeping, laughter, dancing, mourning, war and peace. Growth happens in each of those seasons; yes, even in the midst of great pain and loss. Allow yourself to feel what you do in the season you're in right now. I believe there is a gift in every season we go through. God has not forgotten us when we are walking through the wilderness seasons. He is well able to take care of all that concerns us, no matter what the season.

Until next time my friends, be blessed!


“For everything there is a season, and a time for every matter under heaven:
a time to be born, and a time to die; 
a time to plant, and a time to pluck up what is planted;
a time to kill, and a time to heal; 
a time to break down, and a time to build up;
a time to weep, and a time to laugh;
a time to mourn, and a time to dance;
a time to throw away stones, and a time to gather stones together;
a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing;
a time to seek, and a time to lose; 
a time to keep, and a time to throw away;
a time to tear, and a time to sew; 
a time to keep silence, and a time to speak;
a time to love, and a time to hate; 
a time for war, and a time for peace.” ~Ecclesiastes 3: 1-8

“I wonder if the snow loves the trees and fields, that it kisses them so gently? And then it covers them up snug, you know, with a white quilt; and perhaps it says "Go to sleep, darlings, till the summer comes again.”~Lewis Carroll
  
And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up. ~Galatians 6:9



No comments:

Post a Comment