Friday, November 16, 2012

30 Days of Thanks- Day 16: Simple Things

Welcome back and Happy Friday to you my friends! Today is Day 16 of my 30 Days of Thanks. Today I am thankful for the simple things. The simple things mean much more to me than anything money can buy.  I truly enjoy spending time with the people I love and care about. The memories we make will last much longer than anything money can buy.

I've learned it's the simple things in life that make it worth living. Our lives are already filled to the max with busyness, and the world tries to tell us we need even more stuffed in there. I have never been one of those people who enjoys being busy all the time. Some people thrive on that, but it stresses me out. I need time alone to refresh after I've been in a situation where there are lots of people and lots of busyness going on.

I'd like to share some of those simple, yet priceless things, I love and am so thankful for:

*Taking a walk with my sweet hubby
*Wonderful smelling candles
*Long, relaxing bubble baths
*Reading a book 
*Our annual Christmas-light-seeing outing with my family, while we listen to Christmas music and drink hot cocoa
*Going to the movies with my girls
*Watching a favorite movie for the hundredth time
*Talking with a close friend on the phone, or in person over lunch
*Sitting on the back porch swing, listening to the frogs and bugs on a summer night
*Having late night talks with my girls
*Walking on the beach, feeling the salt air against my face
*Going on a date night with my hubby
*Taking pictures of the ones I love
*Going for a picnic lunch at the park with my girls
*Sitting around a campfire, roasting marshmallows with my family


What about you? What are some of the simple things you enjoy? Please feel free to share them with me in the comments sections. Until next time my friends, be blessed! Have a great weekend!

"But what is happiness except the simple harmony between a man and the life he leads." ~Albert Camus

"If you get simple beauty and naught else, you get about the best thing God invents." ~Robert Browning

"It is the sweet, simple things of life which are the real ones after all." ~Laura Ingalls Wilder

No comments:

Post a Comment