Tuesday, November 6, 2012

30 Days of Thanks- Day 6: The Freedom to Vote

"Conformity is the jailer of freedom and the enemy of growth." ~John F. Kennedy


Hello there my friends! Happy Election Day to you if you live in the U.S.! I am excited to go out later today and cast my vote. Please don't think that your vote doesn't count, it most certainly does. Go out and vote! Make your voice heard!

On Day 6 of my 30 Days of Thanks, I am thankful for the freedom I have to vote. I am thankful for the men and women who put their lives on the line every day, and for the ones who have given their lives, to protect our freedoms here in this country.

I am not one of those people who goes around trying to beat someone over the head with my opinion to try and make them change their mind about something. It is the same with the election. I will not be beating you over the head with my opinions here, or trying to make you change your mind about who you're voting for. I know who I'm voting for and why I'm voting that way, which is what I will share with you in this post.
 
I feel very strongly about certain issues and will not be swayed in my stance for those things. They include: upholding and protecting traditional marriage, protecting the unborn and their right to life, strongly supporting Israel, and protecting the rights for our religious freedoms. These are the core issues for me when it comes to who I will give my support and my vote to. These are the things that I will have to stand before God one day and give an account as to what my part in it was.

Do I think either man is the perfect candidate? No, I don't. There is no perfect candidate. However, I do believe one of them stands for and supports more of the core issues I feel strongly about than the other one. One thing I had to remind myself of was that I am not voting for a religious leader. I am voting for the person I feel will do what's best for this country and the people of this country. I am voting for the person who shares similar convictions about the core issues I feel strongly about.  

I can see this country going somewhere that quite frankly, gives me great concern if something isn't done soon. It is scary. We each have a voice. Are we going to sit back and say nothing, do nothing? We are called to be salt and light. Your voice matters. 

I've included a link to an article I read the other day that pretty much sums it all up for me on the issues I support and feel strongly about. Until next time my friends, be blessed!

www.rbcdothan.org/Websites/ridgecrest/images/RBCe-Newsletter.html


"As I approach my 94th birthday, I realize this election could be my last. I believe it is vitally important that we cast our ballots for candidates who base their decisions on biblical principles and support the nation of Israel. I urge you to vote for those who protect the sanctity of life and support the biblical definition of marriage between a man and a woman. Vote for biblical values this November 6, and pray with me that America will remain one nation under God." ~Billy Graham

"Nobody will ever deprive the American people of the right to vote except the American people themselves and the only way they could do this is by not voting." ~Franklin D. Roosevelt

 

No comments:

Post a Comment