Monday, November 12, 2012

30 Days of Thanks- Day 11: The Veterans

Hey there my friends! It's Day 11 of my 30 Days of Thanks. Today I am thankful for all the men and women who have given their lives to serve and protect this great country we live in. I know there are many who would argue that it's not a great country anymore, but I would have to disagree with you. It is still a great country, especially if you compare the freedoms we have here to many other countries. There have been many lives that have been given to protect those freedoms we enjoy here in America. No matter what some people think, freedom isn't free. It never has been. It costs a great deal, so I would urge you to stand up for your freedoms because many lives have been given to protect your right to do that. 

Thank you, to all the Veterans, including my dad, who so faithfully and boldly served and protected this country over the years. Thank you, to all who are currently serving and putting their lives on the line everyday for us. We honor you all.

Until next time my friends, be blessed.

"Courage is almost a contradiction in terms. It means a strong desire to live taking the form of readiness to die." -G.K. Chesterton

"This nation will remain the land of the free only so long as it is the home of the brave." -Elmer Davis

 "As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them." -John Fitzgerald Kennedy


(The above picture was taken by my daughter, Brittany)

No comments:

Post a Comment