Monday, November 5, 2012

30 Days of Thanks- Day 4: I Am Rich

 “Give yourself entirely to those around you. Be generous with your blessings. A kind gesture can reach a wound that only compassion can heal." ~Steve Maraboli

Good-day to you my friends! I hope this Sunday has been a blessed one and that you've had a great weekend.

It's Day 4 of my 30 days of Thanks. Today I am thankful to be rich. I'm not talking about being financially wealthy. Just because someone is wealthy doesn't make them rich, at least not by the standards I am talking about here. I have a wonderful family, a nice home with heat, air conditioning, and fresh, clean water. We have food to eat every day, clothes and shoes to wear, a car to drive, and my husband has a good job. I also have loving, devoted friends, who are such a blessing and an encouragement to me. I would say I am definitely rich.

Many people think wealth would be the answer to all their problems. Wealth is no guarantee of happiness though. Of course, more money might make things easier, especially if your struggling to make ends meet, but that's no guarantee of happiness, peace, or joy. 

What is the one thing that makes me even richer than the richest person in the world? Having Jesus as my Lord and Savior. All the money in the world cannot compare to that. The changes He has made in my life over the last nineteen years has been nothing short of miraculous.

What about you? Would you say you're rich? What are some of the things in your life that make you rich? Please feel free to share what you feel makes you rich. Until next time my friends, be blessed!


“Don’t store up treasures here on earth, where moths eat them and rust destroys them, and where thieves break in and steal. Store your treasures in heaven, where moths and rust cannot destroy, and thieves do not break in and steal.Wherever your treasure is, there the desires of your heart will also be." ~Matthew 6:19-21 (NLV)
 
1.  Money can buy a bed, but not sleep.
2.   Money can buy books, but not brains.
3.   Money can buy food, but not appetite.
4.   Money can buy finery, but not beauty.
5.   Money can buy a house, but not a home.
6.   Money can buy medicine, but not health.
7.   Money can buy luxuries, but not culture.
8.   Money can buy amusements, but not happiness.
9.   Money can buy companionship, but not friends.
10.  Money can buy the good life, but not eternal life.
11.  Money can buy religion, but not salvation.
      12.  Money can buy a passport to anywhere but the Kingdom of God.~ 
 Adapted from The Voice in the Wilderness
 


No comments:

Post a Comment