Saturday, November 3, 2012

30 Days of Thanks- Day 2: My Husband

"Love doesn't make the world go round, love is what makes the ride worthwhile." ~Elizabeth Browning

Happy Friday my friends! It's day 2 of my 30 Days of Thanks. Today, I am thankful for my husband. Well, I'm thankful for him more than just today, but that's what I will focus on for today. I have been married to a wonderful man for the last twenty-six years. Before you assume that our marriage has always been wonderful, let me tell you it most certainly has not been. It has been hard work and there were many years when I wondered if we were going to make it. I will share more on this chapter of my life at a later time since it would take up a great deal of space right now.

My husband is such a kindhearted, caring man. He has never raised his voice at me or belittled me in any way. He is a hard worker and provides for our family. He still tells me I'm beautiful, even after twenty-six years of marriage. I am so thankful for having him in my life.  Things have not been easy or perfect in our marriage, but our love has weathered the storms. Without God helping us, I don't know what we would have done. It hasn't been a fairy tale, but it has been a wonderful adventure.

Have a great weekend my friends! Until next time, be blessed!

“God created marriage. No government subcommittee envisioned it. No social organization developed it. Marriage was conceived and born in the mind of God.”  ~ Max Lucado

A man doesn’t own his marriage; he is only the steward of his wife’s love.”  ~ Edwin Louis Cole (Ed Cole)



No comments:

Post a Comment