Monday, November 12, 2012

30 Days of Thanks- Day 12: Music

"Music is the wine that fills the cup of silence." ~Robert Fripp

Happy Monday to you, my friends! I hope you all had a great weekend. My hubby has been working almost every Saturday for the last couple of months now, so the weekends just don't seem long enough for me. I am thankful he has a good job, but I really miss spending time with him on Saturdays. Hopefully, the Saturday work will be coming to an end soon and I will have him back around here on the weekends. Okay, on to Day 12!

It's Day 12 of my 30 Days of Thanks, and today I am thankful for music. I absolutely LOVE music! I always have and probably always will. Music has been a part of my life since I was a child. I remember when I was a teenager falling asleep with the radio on. The radio was on constantly.

My taste in music has changed over the years, but my love for it has not. When I was a teenager and young adult, I loved listening to Q-94, which played pop and rock music. After I became a Christian my taste in music changed more towards praise and worship, and Christian based songs. I don't think there's anything quite like singing a song to the Lord that says exactly what your heart is feeling.

I also enjoy listening to classical music at times. The beautiful sounds of the instruments is so soothing and peaceful, especially the piano, violin, and cello. The wind instruments are wonderful too. I have never been to a symphony concert before, but that is something I would love to do one day.

I still enjoy listening to those oldies but goodies too. Man, I feel old when I think that the music I used to listen to when I was a teenager is now considered classic rock, or oldies. Good grief, time flies!

Until next time my friends, be blessed!

"Sing a new song to the Lord! Everyone on this earth, sing praises to the Lord, sing and praise his name." ~Psalm 96: 1-2

"Music expresses that which cannot be said, and on which it is impossible to be silent." ~
Victor Hugo


"Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life." ~Berthold Auerbach

"When words leave off, music begins." ~Heinrich Heine


 photo credit: <a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/melolou/443712547/">melolou</a> via <a href="http://photopin.com">photopin</a> <a href="http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/2.0/">cc</a>

No comments:

Post a Comment