Monday, November 19, 2012

30 Days of Thanks- Day 18: My Mother-In-Law

"Everyone wants to be appreciated, so if you appreciate someone, don't keep it a secret."
~Mary Kay Ash


Welcome back my friends! As you can see I am playing catch-up, again. I fell behind over the weekend, so I will be posting three blog posts today.

On Day 18 of my 30 Days of Thanks, I am thankful for my Mother-In-Law. This woman is such a sweet lady. She has the gift of serving others and she does it well. What is so amazing to me is, I have never heard her complain, not one time, about what she does for others. I have been married to her son for over twenty-seven years now, and I am still blown away by the things she does, even at her age. Now, I am not saying she is old by any means, but she is in her seventies and she is still going strong. She puts a lot of these younger people to shame when it comes to what she does. Shucks, I wish I had half of her energy. She cooks lunch every Sunday for her family. On average, there are fifteen of us that come over for Sunday lunch, or dinner as some folks call it. She doesn't just cook a little something, she cooks a huge amount of food. Here is a list of food on a typical Sunday at my mother-in-laws: mashed potatoes, green beans, fried apples, cabbage, some type of salad greens, corn, roast beef, gravy, chicken fingers (for the kids) and homemade rolls, plus she always has at least two different desserts. Whew! It makes me tired just thinking of fixing all that food. I do enjoy eating it though.

I always make a point of thanking my mother-in-law and telling her how good everything was. We all need to hear that we are appreciated and loved. I know I do. Make a point to tell someone you love how much you appreciate them. I bet it will bless them so much.

Until next time my friends, be blessed!


"Make it a habit to tell people thank you. To express your appreciation, sincerely and without the expectation of anything in return. Truly appreciate those around you, and you'll soon find many others around you. Truly appreciate life, and you'll find that you have more of it." ~Ralph Marston


 

No comments:

Post a Comment