Thursday, November 22, 2012

30 Days of Thanks- Day 22: Thanksgiving Day

 "Thanksgiving is nothing if not a glad and reverent lifting of the heart to God in honor and praise for His goodness."  ~Robert Casper Lintner

Happy Thanksgiving to you, my friends! I hope your day has been a very blessed one surrounded by loved ones from near and far.

Today is Day 22 of my 30 Days of Thanks, and today I am thankful for Thanksgiving. I am feeling completely worn out and my body is hurting because a lot of time and effort went into preparing the house and the meal for Thanksgiving supper, but it was worth it to be able to have those memories of precious time spent with loved ones.

I am so thankful that my daughters helped me get things ready today. I don't know how I would have done everything if they hadn't helped out so much. Thank you girls! I love you!!!

What about you? How was your Thanksgiving? I hope it was relaxing and enjoyable. I am off to go soak in a hot bath before heading off to bed. Sleep well my friends! Until next time, be blessed!

"Gratitude is the inward feeling of kindness received. Thankfulness is the natural impulse to express that feeling. Thanksgiving is the following of that impulse." ~Henry Van Dyke

"Pride slays thanksgiving, but an humble mind is the soil out of which thanks naturally grow. A proud man is seldom a grateful man, for he never thinks he gets as much as he deserves." ~Henry Ward Beecher
 

No comments:

Post a Comment