Wednesday, November 21, 2012

30 Days of Thanks- Day 21: Grateful Attitudes

"The essence of all beautiful art, all great art, is gratitude." ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Hello there my bloggy friends! It's Thanksgiving Eve, as my younger daughter, Taylor, calls it. I hope your day has been a good one and that tomorrow will be a very blessed time for you and your family.

On Day 21 of my 30 Days of Thanks, I am thankful for grateful attitudes. It does my heart good when I see people who are truly thankful for what they have and for what they've been given. It seems more common than not that grateful attitudes are in short supply these days.

Have you ever done something for someone, I mean really gone out of your way to help someone, and they didn't even act like they were thankful at all? Or maybe as long as you were doing what they wanted they acted like they were grateful, but as soon as something didn't go their way they changed their attitude?  How did that make you feel? I can tell you how I felt when that happened to me.....angry, upset, sad, discouraged. It also made me feel like I didn't want to do anything else for that person again because of how they acted.

I've come to realize that when I do something for someone, whether they say thank you or not, God sees what I am doing and the sacrifice I am making. He is the One who will bless me in return, even when others don't act like they are grateful. He knows the attitude of my heart and He will make things right. He will cause all things to work together for my good.

If you are doing something for someone, out of the goodness of your heart, then you can trust that He will return blessings to you.
  .
I would like to take a moment to say, "Thank you" to all of you, my bloggy friends, for being so faithful in keeping up with my blog. It means so much to me to know that you take time out of your busy day to read my posts. I have thought about giving up on the blogging thing quite a few times since I started, but your encouraging comments have helped keep me going. Thank you again!

Until next time my friends, be blessed and keep an attitude of gratitude!
 
"Gratitude is the fairest blossom that springs from the soul." ~Henry Ward Beecher

 "Feeling gratitude and not expressing it is like wrapping a present and not giving it." ~William Arthur Ward

"Everything we do should be a result of our gratitude for what God has done for us." ~Lauryn Hill

No comments:

Post a Comment