Friday, November 9, 2012

30 Days of Thanks- Day 8: God Friends

Welcome back again my friends! How has your week been going? It's been quite a tiring and painful one for me. Whenever the weather is this cold, my pain levels usually shoot up. Ouch!  At least we're in for a little bit of a warm up over the weekend. I'm planning on soaking up some sun.


Well it's Day 8 of my 30 Days of Thanks. Today I am thankful for God friends. I have been so blessed to have people in my life who have been so supportive and encouraging to me, especially over the last few years now.  I don't know where I would have been if they had not been there to help me along the way. There were many times, a few years ago, when I thought I just wanted to give up on the whole friendship thing. I thought that maybe I would be better off just being by myself. That way I wouldn't get hurt if something happened in the friendship. It was like a defense mechanism to protect myself from further pain. I felt like withdrawing from everyone and everything. Thankfully, God had different plans, better plans for me.

I have some amazing friends in my life who have helped me grow in my walk with the Lord. I will be forever thankful to them for the time and effort they've invested in our friendship.

God brings certain people into our lives at different times, for different reasons. We may not always understand why we have to go through the pain of failed friendships, but if we allow Him to, God will cause it all to work together for our good.

Until next time my friends, be blessed!

"The next best thing to being wise oneself is to live in a circle of those who are." ~C.S. Lewis

 "Two people are better off than one, for they can help each other succeed." ~Ecclesiastes 4:9   






No comments:

Post a Comment