Wednesday, November 21, 2012

30 Days of Thanks- Day 20: A New Day

"Every day is a fresh beginning. Every morn is the world made new." ~Sarah Chauncey Woolsey

Good Wednesday to you my friends! I hope your week is going good. Tomorrow is Thanksgiving! Do you have family coming in, or are you going to be traveling to a relatives house? We are doing both. Thankfully, we won't be traveling far at all since my in-laws house is right across the field from our house. We will be going there for lunch, and later me and my daughters will be cooking for supper since my mom and my brother usually come to our house for Thanksgiving. I still have lots of things that need to be done. Busy, busy, busy! 

It's Day 20 of my 30 Days of Thanks, and today I am thankful for the gift of a new day. As I was watching the sun come up over the trees in our backyard this morning, I was thinking what a wonderful gift we get from God in each new day that dawns. This day has never been here before, nor will it ever be here again. What are we going to do with this day? Are we going to see it as a gift or are we going to see it as just another day to try to make it through?


Just like this day is a new beginning, sometimes we also need a fresh start, a new beginning. There have been many times over the last few years now where I knew I had to let some old things pass away. I had to release my hold on some things that were hindering my walk with the Lord. I had to release the grip I had on people and things so I could grab hold of the new things God wanted to do in my life. Holding onto those things and those people were only weighing me down because that season was over and it was time to let go. Even though I didn't want to let go, I knew God had told me time and time again that He was doing a new thing and to let old things pass away.


It isn't easy to start something new. It can be scary to let go when we really want to hold on. I've learned that just because something feels comfortable or familiar doesn't mean it's good for us. There are times when God will call us to lay something down because He wants to do something new in us and through us. He has something better for us.


What is God asking you to lay down and let go of? Is it something that has become like an anchor around your neck? Perhaps He is leading you into a new season. New seasons can be scary, but they can also be exciting. I guess it all depends on how you look at it. Just like this new day. Do you see it as a gift or a burden? Sometimes just changing our perspective can change everything.


Until next time my friends, be blessed and enjoy this wonderful, new day! Have a very Happy Thanksgiving tomorrow with your loved ones!


"All our knowledge has its origins in our perceptions." ~Leonardo da Vinci

"Vitality shows in not only the ability to persist, but in the ability to start over." ~F. Scott Fitzgerald


"For I am about to do something new. See, I have already begun! Do you not see it? I will make a pathway through the wilderness. I will create rivers in the dry wasteland." ~Isaiah 43:19 (NLV)


No comments:

Post a Comment