Thursday, November 29, 2012

30 Days of Thanks- Day 28: Snowman Mugs

 "A snowflake is one of God's most fragile creations, but look what they can do when they stick together!" ~Author Unknown

Hello again my friends! Well, the month of November is almost over and that means I'm almost to the end of my 30 Days of Thanks. Taking the time to post things I am thankful for this whole month has really helped remind me of how many things I have to be truly thankful for. There are lots of crazy, stressful, difficult things going on in my life, but there are also many blessings in my life that I am thankful for.

On Day 28 of my 30 Days of Thanks I am thankful for all the snowman mugs I have accumulated over the years. Some of those mugs have been given to me as gifts, and some are ones I saw in the store and thought were really cute, so I bought it. I am a big lover of all things snowman. Most of these mugs are put away in a cupboard in my laundry room until the Christmas season rolls around again. However, we do have a few we keep in the kitchen cupboard to use on a regular basis. Who says snowman stuff can only be put out at Christmas time? Not me.

I also have a few wine glasses that would never get used if I only used them to drink wine out of because I don't drink wine, or any sort of alcohol. (It messes my stomach up so it's a no-no for me.) I decided the other morning, when I was getting a glass out of the cupboard for some orange juice, that I was going to use one of those wine glasses for my juice instead of just letting them sit there, not being used. It was so fun using that wine glass. I felt all fancy using it. I will be using them a lot more often than I have in the past.

What's the purpose of saving those "special" things only for certain times? Why do we do that? Why do we keep special things up until certain occasions to pull them out and use them? Why not enjoy them now? Use the good china for supper tonight. Drink out of those special glasses just for the heck of it. Wear that beautiful dress you've been saving for a special occasion. Don't wait till tomorrow, or for a certain occasion, to enjoy the special things you have.

Just as we wait to use those special dishes and glasses until a special occasion comes along, we sometimes think if only "this" would happen then I would be truly happy. Why wait for certain things to happen before deciding to be truly happy and start living your life to the fullest? Why not make the most of the life we have now? Time passes way too quickly and once it's gone, well, we can't get it back. Live your life to the fullest instead of just getting through the day thinking that one day things will be exactly the way you want and then you will start enjoying it. We aren't promised tomorrow. Yesterday is gone and tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. Today is all we have.

Until next time my friends, be blessed! Take those special dishes out and use them for supper tonight!

"It is only possible to live happily-ever-after on a day-to-day basis." ~Margaret Bonnano

"We are always getting ready to live but never living."  ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

"Why be saddled with this thing called life expectancy? Of what relevance to an individual is such a statistic? Am I to concern myself with an allotment of days I never had and was never promised? Must I check off each day of my life as if I am subtracting from this imaginary hoard? No, on the contrary, I will add each day of my life to my treasure of days lived. And with each day, my treasure will grow, not diminish." ~Robert Brault


No comments:

Post a Comment